|114th VFW National Convention Information
This Network is still under construction but we invite you to visit some of our participating departments:
|VFW Florida||VFW Kentucky|
- General Orders March 2014March, 2014 General Orders
- VFW Washington Weekly, March 7, 2014In This Issue:1. VFW Advocates Take Message to Hill2. Defense Budget Hits Troops Hard3. VA Budget Released4. VA to Cover Full Semester for VRAP Students5. Take the Military Family Survey6. Korean War MIA Identified 1. VFW Advocates Take Message to Hill: As part of our March National Legislative Conference over 400 VFW leaders took to […]
- VFW National Commander Testifies Before CongressDuring today’s [Wednesday's] testimony before a joint hearing of the Senate and House Veterans Affairs Committees, the national commander of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the U.S. (VFW) expressed the organization’s deep concern over America’s disregard for veterans.
- VFW Announces 2013-2014 National Youth Scholarship Contest WinnersThe winners of the VFW and Ladies Auxiliary sponsored Voice of Democracy audio-essay competition and the Patriot’s Pen essay competition were announced yesterday[Monday] during the 2014 VFW Legislative Conference in Washington, D.C.
- 2014-Scout of The Year Information!!Scouting Chairman – Ronald Zaleski Home phone: 906-663-4453 Adress: 500 W. Lead Street. Bessemer, Mi. 49911-1341 E-Mail: email@example.com Deadline to Department is April 1, 2014 To enter a candidate for the scout of the Year the entry must be in the following format. Entry will be submitted in a three (3) hole blue folder ...read more
- VFW NE Skill Touch open house 3-29-14$$$$$ Introducing “Skill Touch” $$$$$ You are cordially invited to the Department of Nebraska VFW on Saturday, March 29, 2014. Invitation Click HERE “Skill Touch” is a multi-game of skill that offers income to Posts. Even if a post does not have a home, they can contact and recruit local businesses to place the machine […]
- “Veterans Family Camp”If you and your families are interested in attending a “Veterans Family Camp” sponsored by Easter Seals, at no cost, see the attached information.
- Brewers offer two FREE Terrace Level tickets to active and retired military personnelFor each Sunday home game in 2014, the Brewers offer two FREE Terrace Level tickets to active and retired military personnel. The offer applies to all branches of the military service. Active and retired military personnel must present valid military identification which entitles them to two FREE Terrace Level tickets redeemable at windows 7-12 at ...read mo […]
- Special Adapted Housing (SAH) grant and Special Housing Adaptation (SHA) grant – USDVAColleagues and Fellow Veterans: Are you a Veteran with a severe service-connected disability that affects your mobility? Do you know someone who is? If you answered “Yes” to either question, then you or someone you know may be eligible for the Specially Adapted Housing (SAH) grant program that is administered by the Department of Veterans ...read more
- Job Bulletin #4 03-5-2014UW – Madison has announced another position for veterans to apply for using the Non-Competitive Hiring process (30% or more disabled veterans): See attachments and the information below: · Custodian Service Supervisor: $41,700-$46,700 per year We are encouraging any disabled veterans (30% or more) to apply for any of these full-time positions us […]