Fire Strikes Post VFW 1014 in Alton

    A devastating fire happened to the Alton VFW Post 1014 on April 5, 2011. Most of the damage was inside apart from the roof and end gable, the fire was caused by a ceiling exhaust fan in the restroom, the post was being used as a Polling location and I'm glad someone was there to report it or it could have been a lot worse.

    Photos below show part of the damage.

    Information and photos were provided courtesy of District 18 Jr-Vice Commander Chris Johnston.

    A report will be given at the District 18 meeting concerning full damages.  They may need some help from other posts in the District.

 "Veterans helping veterans – it's what we do"

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title="" rel=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

*