St Charles VFW Makes Donation to VSO Fund

left to right, Paul Schmidt, Post 2866 Commander; Paul Jones, Past Department Commander/Post Member; Jim Malson, Past District 9 Commander/Post Member; Don Newman, Past Post Commander; & Jim Austin, Queen of Hearts Chairman.
    The money was raised by holding a Queen of Hearts Raffle. The Jackpot started at $2000.00 and a year later the Jackpot was up to $387,000.00, the winner received 80% of the Jackpot the other 20% of that brought the final donation for the Veterans Service Officer Fund to $77,089.
     Because of the hard work of nearly 50 Post and Auxiliary members we were excited to present this Check to this worthy cause. Many of our members are receiving benefits because of the hard work of the VFW Veterans Service Officers. So this is a way we could show our gratitude.
In Comradeship
Paul Schmidt
Commander
Post2866

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title="" rel=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

*