Korean War veterans will be honored at Heroes Homecoming III. Are your a veteran of the Korean War? This event is for you.
The Fort Bragg Communities of Cumberland County created Heroes Homecoming as a way of showing recognition and appreciation to all veterans for their courage, their sacrifice and everything they do to defend this country’s freedom–now and forever. The Fayetteville area has always had a unique bond with veterans, as the point of departure and return for hundreds of thousands of soldiers.
Heroes Homecoming II filled the parade stands!
Fayetteville has hosted Heroes Homecoming since 2011, helping it to become the largest commemoration and reunion of its kind. From concerts and parades, to lectures and movie viewings, cultural celebrations and recognition ceremonies, all of the events at Heroes Homecoming recognize the service and sacrifice of our brave veterans.
This year, on November 8-11, Fayetteville will honor veterans of the Korean War. Heroes Homecoming III will feature special appearances by three of the cast members from the hit TV series M*A*S*H. Jamie Farr (Corporal Klinger), Loretta Swit (Margaret “Hot Lips” Houlihan), and William Christopher (Father Mulcahy) will be in town to participate in a number of Heroes Homecoming III events, helping to pay tribute and say thank you to our brave Korean War veterans.
Weekend events include:
– Candlelight Tribute at NC Veterans Park
– Exclusive Ft. Bragg Bus Tour for Veterans and cast of M*A*S*H, guided by local historians
– Open Panel Discussion with M*A*S*H Cast Members (photo and autograph opportunities afterwards)
– Veterans Day Parade
– M*A*S*H serves breakfast! (Free pancake breakfast for all veterans and their families)
– Veterans Day Community Blood Drive
– POW/MIA Vigil at Airborne and Special Operations Museum
You can visit the homecoming’s website at www.heroeshomecoming.com for more information, and our registration form.