Transfer to Post

If you are a member of another post and want to transfer membership, it is an easy process.

We are required to verify your membership eligibility on transfer.  This is a standard procedure at all posts.  Verification documents are maintained on file to for reference.  Should it be necessary, your family can obtain a copy of your DD 214 or other proof of veteran status from the Post Adjutant.

Membership Eligibility

Any citizen of the United States may be a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States who is serving or has served honorably in the Armed Forces of the United States.

1.  In a foreign war, insurrection, or expedition, which service has been recognized as campaign medal service and is governed by the authorization of the award of a campaign badge by the Government of the United States; or

2.  on the Korean peninsula or in its territorial waters for not less than 30 consecutive days, or a total of 60 days, after June 30, 1949; or

3.  while a member of the armed forces serving in an area which entitled the individual to receive special pay for duty subject to hostile fire or imminent danger.

Where to get membership transfer applications

  1. Download a copy of the standard national membership application.  The on-line form has three applications.  Just complete the first one.  Download National Membership App 3 cards
  2. Complete the application and check the TRANSFER box.
  3. Sign the application and mail it with your check and supporting documents to the Post.  Send all mail to Post Office Box 3768, Chapel Hill, NC  27515-3768

You may also your application, proof of eligibility and dues  to our monthly meeting.
Post 9100 Annual Dues

Post annual dues are $33.00 per year.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *