There are a lot of support programs and no-cost assistance for our local veterans. The federal government, through the Department of Veterans Affairs and other federal agencies, offers and provides routine service for any individual or veteran for free or for a nominal charge.
Links to these services are provided for frequently requested items. You may also visit VA.gov to access additional services.
- Department of Veterans Aaffairs – Information about Veterans programs, disability, medical, home loan guarantees, and current VA news for veterans.
- Headstones and Markers (including Medallions for veteran’s headstones). Download VA Claim/Application Form 40-1330
- Veterans Administration – My HealtheVet
- Orange County Veterans Services – Programs and assistance for our local veterans.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill – Admissions information for students.
- Citizen-Soldier Support Program, Odum Institute, at UNC Chapel Hill
- Post VFW News Blog
- Post 9100 News Archives
- Post 9100 News
- Department of North Carolina News and website
- Local VFW District 6 Website
- VFW State Service Officer and VA Information
- Arlington National Cemetery – Burial Information
- DD Form 214 Replacement – National Archives
- VFW NC State Department Website
- VFW National Headquarters Website
- VFW Store – Emblems, Uniforms, Accessories
- Military Officers Association of America
- Marine Corps League
- Coast Guard Auxiliary
- Navy League
- Vietnam Veterans Assn – Durham, NC