We do not have a Post building. Our post is small and about 60 members. We meet at the American Legion on Legion Road.
Our long term plan is to obtain a building for use by our local veterans. This will be very hard in a town like Chapel Hill. We are looking for a corporate sponsor or an endowment to help us in our quest.
Directions – Google Map
Reaching the Post
- Send all mail to Post Office Box 3768, Chapel Hill, NC 27515-3768
- You can call us at 919-741-5183 . We have voice mail to connect with you and will get back to you as soon as possible.
- You can email us.
Visit our Post.
- You might say we have a virtual address. We don’t have a post of our own, but the members meet regularly.
Meeting dates and time
- Meetings are held the FIRST Tuesday of each month.
- We gather at about 6 p.m.
- We have a catered dinner at 6:15 p.m. and our meeting follows at about 7 p.m.
Who can attend?
- Our meetings are open to all members of the Veterans of Foreign Wars and their Ladies Auxiliaries.
- The dinner is open to guests and veterans seeking membership.
- Post meetings are open to members only.
While is is true that we don’t have a permanent building for the Veterans of Foreign Wars, C.V. Cummings, or post namesake, provided for our future by a legacy gift to the members.
Buildings do cost a lot of money to purchase, maintain, and share, but our future plans still include a permanent post home. In the meantime, our solution is to partner with the Chapel Hill American Legion Post 6 and use their facilities for our monthly meeting.
We meet at the American Legion Post on Legion Road just above the Sheraton Hotel. It is hard to see the building as it is located behind trees and a large lake. Just look for the Legion’s roadside sign at 1714 Legion Road.