In This Issue:
1. VFW Legislative Alert Supports GI Bill for 21st Century
2. House Hearings on Disability Claims, Homelessness
3. President's Statement on Iraq
4. VFW Travels to Southeast Asia
1. VFW Legislative Alert Supports GI Bill for 21st Century: We are arriving at a critical moment for the GI Bill for the 21st Century! This week, a new and improved S. 22, "The Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2007," was introduced in the House of Representatives as H.R. 5740 to covers all education costs. Please call or visit your congressional district or Washington offices and urge your legislators to co-sponsor either S. 22 or H.R. 5740. A new GI Bill for the 21st Century is one of the highest VFW legislative priorities. For information about your elected official use the attached link: http://capwiz.com/vfw/dbq/officials/ or find a listing of offices in your local phone book.