In This Issue:
1. House Passes Advanced Funding
2. VFW Helps Block TRICARE Copayment Increase
3. Mojave Desert Veterans Memorial Update
4. House PTSD Discussion
5. House VA Committee Action
6. NDAA Update
1. House Passes Advanced Funding: The House on Thursday passed HR 1016 by a vote of 419-1 to provide advanced funding for veterans' health care. This is a top VFW priority, and we applaud all who supported the legislation, especially VA Committee Chairman Bob Filner (D-CA), the bill's sponsor. The legislation will allow VA to know its funding a full year in advance, which will enable managers to more efficiently allocate resources to provide better healthcare and programs for America's veterans. VFW also thanks many other House leaders for their key support, to include House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), Appropriations Committee Chairman David Obey (D-WI), Appropriations Subcommittee Chairman Chet Edwards (D-TX), VA Subcommittee on Health Chairman Mike Michaud (D-ME), and Reps. Phil Hare (D-IL) and Walter Jones (R-NC). The legislation now moves back to the Senate, where we expect approval of the compromise language to come within the next few weeks. Read the Veterans Partnership press release at http://www.vfw.org/index.cfm?fa=news.newsDtl&did=5250.