VFW Post Directory by State
- Veteran’s honored at Ambassador Nursing Home in Nebraska City, NEFourteen Veteran’s residing at the Ambassador Nursing Home in Nebraska City, NE were honored during facility Veteran’s Day Program. Picture below is resident Joe Schwab receives a certificate of appreciation from Larry Kennedy member of Legion, VFW, DAV, and 40 & 8 and special guests Paula Waterfield and Dottie Ethington of the VFW Auxillary.
- 2014/2015 New Themes for Voice of Democracy and Patriots PenThe new themes for 2014-2015 are as follows: Voice of Democracy “Why Veterans are Important to our Nation’s History and Future” Patriot’s Pen “Why I Appreciate America’s Veterans” The student entry deadline for 2014-2015 will be November 1, 2014 for both contests.
- Bands4Good Challenge FinalsWell, we’re coming into the final stretch of the Bands4Good 2013 Challenge! Are you supporting your favorite band? [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]] […]
- VFW Legislative Alert: Oppose Budget Deal That Cuts Military Retiree COLA!VFW Legislative Alert: Oppose Budget Deal That Cuts Military Retiree COLA! Take Action! Background: The House and Senate Budget Committee have reached a deal within the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2013 (H.J.Res 59) that includes a proposal to cut future cost of living adjustments (COLA) by one percent for military retirees under age 62. … Continue reading […]
- Job Bulletin #13 Dec. 11, 2013The Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA) is currently seeking to fill two Cemetery Caretaker positions. One position will be at the Northern Wisconsin Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Spooner, WI; and the other position will be at the Southern Wisconsin Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Union Grove, WI. Please feel free to share the attached ...read mo […]
- VFW WASHINGTON WEEKLY, December 6, 2013In This Issue:1. Attack on Pearl Harbor Remembrance2. House VA Committee Discusses Complex Disability Claims3. VFW Discusses Jobs With Iowa Governor4. Busy End of Year Agenda for House/Senate5. Military Commissary Survey 1. Attack on Pearl Harbor Remembrance: VFW Posts nationwide will be commemorating the 72nd Anniversary of the Attack on Pearl Harbor tomorr […]
- Flags To Be Lowered To Half Staff In Remembrance of Pearl HarborMore than seven decades ago, on a calm Sunday morning, our Nation was attacked without warning or provocation. The bombs that fell on the island of Oahu took almost 2,400 American lives, damaged our Pacific Fleet, challenged our resilience, and tested our resolve
- Flags To Be Lowered To Half Staff in Respect of Nelson Mandela’s PassingThrough his fierce dignity and unbending will to sacrifice his own freedom for the freedom of others, he transformed South Africa -- and moved the entire world.
- VFW Post 9808 Job FairVFW Post 9808 hosted a Job Fair Dec 5, 2013 where they had 25 companies and over 125 veterans show up look for employment. The Post provided free lunch to all who attended.
- Flags at state and local government buildings to be flown at half-staffJEFFERSON CITY, Mo. – The U.S. and Missouri flags on all state and local government buildings in Missouri will be flown at half-staff on Saturday, Dec. 7 to commemorate those who died or were wounded during the attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, on Dec. 7, 1941. A 1996 state law designates the date as Pearl Harbor […]