The VFW Southern Conference is made up of the following Departments:
- Council Of Administration Agenda – Sept 26 – 27, 2014
- VFW Post 2728 Mud Runs for soldiers with PTSDThe below video shows the mud runs that VFW Post 2728 conducted with veterans and friends to help raise awareness to PTSD. The Post is hosting a Zombie Mud run on September 13th, 2014 in Settle, Kentucky at 10:30am. Registration is through http://www.kyzombiemudrun.com/. NO ONE DOES MORE FOR VETERANS! PTSD mud runs with VFW Post […]
- Mtn Grove VFW Hamburgers & Homemade Ice CreamEach year the Mtn Grove VFW Family gathers for hamburgers and home made ice cream. This brief video captures some of the day.
- Danny Finney updateDanny Finney, the Post’s previous Senior Vice Commander, recently had a stroke. He’s had a number of surgeries and he’s doing much better, but he still has a long way to go. The Post performed a number of fund raisers to help Danny and his family to include a a breakfast fundraiser, cold water challenge, […]
- 2014 Pioneer FestivalThe VFW Post 2728 participated in Winchester’s Pioneer Festival in College Park. The Post was able to immediately recruit 2 new members with an additional 4 members pending eligibility verification.
- Sheriff Berl Purdue Law Enforcement AwardClark County Sheriff Berl Purdue Jr was awarded the prestigious “VFW National Law Enforcement Award” from the Veterans of Foreign Wars. The award was presented by Winchester’s VFW Post 2728 All-American Commander Mike Busby. The award is presented to only one law enforcement officer from the entire state each year in recognition for their dedication […]
- VFW Post 2728 6th Annual Golf ScrambleVFW Post 2728 hosted its 6th annual golf scramble at Cassell Creek in Winchester, Kentucky. The event raised almost $2,100, which is used to support the Post programs throughout the year.
- 138th FIRES Brigade Family DayOn Sunday August 3rd, 2014, the Winchester Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) Post 2728 worked with the Headquarters and Headquarters Battery 138th Field Artillery Brigade Family Readiness Group to host a Family Day. The event was held at Shilito Park in Lexington, Kentucky. The VFW cooked hamburgers, hotdogs, baked beans and cold slaw. Soldiers from […]
- Argyle VFW Post 8045 participates in 2014 Maries County Fair ParadeArgyle VFW Post 8045 Comrades and Ladies Auxiliary were selected as the Grand Marshall’s of the 2014 Maries County Fair Parade. The Post has been participating in this yearly parade since 1971.