The VFW Southern Conference is made up of the following Departments:
- The Final MusterGreat Lakes National Cemetery: Earlier this year The Missing In America Project arranged for the military burial of (13) unclaimed military veterans from the Detroit, Michigan area. Published reports say that some of the remains were in the possession of the Wayne County Coroner for up to (3) years, waiting for someone to claim them.
- Intertribal Pow Wow 9-13-201423RD ANNUAL at FORT OMAHA INTERTRIBAL POWWOW Was held: Saturday, Sept. 13, 2014, 1-7:30 p.m. 10 a.m. to noon Gourd Dance All veterans were welcome. Free and open to the public. Metropolitan Community College Fort Omaha Campus 5300 N. 30th St. Omaha, NE 68111 VFW Post 1581 had a table set up at this event. To view pictures click on slideshow […]
- Calling All Korean War Veterans!ATTENTION: There is an EXTREMELY short suspense on this. This must be turned in by 23 September 2014 in order for our Veterans to be considered! The Republic of Korea is awarding the Korean... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- Post HistoryPost 8100 was chartered August 16, 1946. Judon Brown was the first commander. Post 8100 have had 30 commanders. Robert Lyons is the last past commander. Ladies Auxilliary was chartered April 27, 1948
- VFW Action Corps Weekly, September 12, 2014In This Issue: 1. VFW to Update Congressional Charter 2. VFW Arrives in DC — Calls on Congress to End Sequestration/Improve VA 3. Senate Clears COLA 4. Senate Discusses VA IG Report on Phoenix 5. House VA Committee Clears Vets Bills 6. VA Appeals Metrics and Backlog Debated 7. Credentialing Effort Helps Troops Enter Private […]
- VFW to Update Congressional CharterVFW to Update Congressional Charter WASHINGTON (September 12, 2014) — With the support of two key members of Congress, the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States may soon be updating its congressional charter to adhere to a national resolution approved by delegates attending the 115th VFW National Convention in St. Louis. The VFW’s … Continue reading
- Handley CanteenHandley Regional Library will present Handley Canteen: 1940s USO Gala at 7 p.m. Saturday, October 4, 2014. In conjunction with this event the library is seeking to identify all living veterans of World War II who are in the area. If you know a living WWII vet, contact Rebecca Ebert at 540-662-9041 extension 22, or … Continue reading »
- POW/MIA Recognition CeremonyRolling Thunder VA Chapter 1 will conduct a POW/MIA Recognition Ceremony at the POW/MIA Memorial in Jim Barnett Park in Winchester, VA at 3 p.m., September 20, 2014. Refreshments follow for participants and guests. There will be a rehearsal for participants at 9 a.m.
- District Meeting – Sep 14A reminder to all posts that there is a District Meeting at the Henderson Post on Sunday, September 14. [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- VOD GolfVETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS DISTRICT SIX 25TH ANNUAL VOICE OF DEMOCRACY GOLF TOURNAMENT Sunday, October 5, 2014 Schedule of events 0730-0900 Registration 0900 Shotgun start 1300 (Time approximate) Lunch/awards/prizes The Golf Tournament will be held at: Bent Creek Golf Course 10440 Tournament Lane Jacksonville, FL 32222