The VFW Southern Conference is made up of the following Departments:
- Missouri seeing effects of declining casino visitsJEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — A recent decline in Missouri’s casino revenues has created funding shortfalls for public schools and state-run veterans’ nursing homes, raising questions among lawmakers about the extent to which the state can continue to rely on gambling to fund some key programs. Underlying the concern is an uncertainty over whether the shortfall […]
- Veterans Rally in Jefferson CityStart planning now to have a presence at the Veterans Rally at the Capitol on April 9 at 12:00 noon. If we are to get general Revenue funding for the Veterans Homes we must have a strong support of all our Post. We need $25,000,000 in the GR Budget to fund the Veterans Commission […]
- General Orders March 2014March, 2014 General Orders
- VFW Washington Weekly, March 7, 2014In This Issue:1. VFW Advocates Take Message to Hill2. Defense Budget Hits Troops Hard3. VA Budget Released4. VA to Cover Full Semester for VRAP Students5. Take the Military Family Survey6. Korean War MIA Identified 1. VFW Advocates Take Message to Hill: As part of our March National Legislative Conference over 400 VFW leaders took to […]
- VFW National Commander Testifies Before CongressDuring today’s [Wednesday's] testimony before a joint hearing of the Senate and House Veterans Affairs Committees, the national commander of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the U.S. (VFW) expressed the organization’s deep concern over America’s disregard for veterans.
- VFW Announces 2013-2014 National Youth Scholarship Contest WinnersThe winners of the VFW and Ladies Auxiliary sponsored Voice of Democracy audio-essay competition and the Patriot’s Pen essay competition were announced yesterday[Monday] during the 2014 VFW Legislative Conference in Washington, D.C.
- 2014-Scout of The Year Information!!Scouting Chairman – Ronald Zaleski Home phone: 906-663-4453 Adress: 500 W. Lead Street. Bessemer, Mi. 49911-1341 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline to Department is April 1, 2014 To enter a candidate for the scout of the Year the entry must be in the following format. Entry will be submitted in a three (3) hole blue folder ...read more
- VFW NE Skill Touch open house 3-29-14$$$$$ Introducing “Skill Touch” $$$$$ You are cordially invited to the Department of Nebraska VFW on Saturday, March 29, 2014. Invitation Click HERE “Skill Touch” is a multi-game of skill that offers income to Posts. Even if a post does not have a home, they can contact and recruit local businesses to place the machine […]
- “Veterans Family Camp”If you and your families are interested in attending a “Veterans Family Camp” sponsored by Easter Seals, at no cost, see the attached information.
- Brewers offer two FREE Terrace Level tickets to active and retired military personnelFor each Sunday home game in 2014, the Brewers offer two FREE Terrace Level tickets to active and retired military personnel. The offer applies to all branches of the military service. Active and retired military personnel must present valid military identification which entitles them to two FREE Terrace Level tickets redeemable at windows 7-12 at ...read mo […]