Several headlines from the Department of Veterans Affairs in recent days. Click the links to read the full stories.
Statement from Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric K. Shinseki on the American Jobs Act – Shinseki comments on the proposed Act which includes support for veteran jobs.
VA Announces Expansion of Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record – The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced it will expand its pilot for the Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record (VLER), which enables sharing of Veterans’ health records.
VA Streamlines Online Applications for Health Benefits Renewal – Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has automated its online Health Benefits Renewal (10-10EZR) form as part of its ongoing effort to streamline access to benefits.
VA Posts Online List of Ships Associated with Presumptive Agent Orange Exposure – Veterans who served aboard U.S. Navy and Coast Guard ships operating on the waters of Vietnam between January 9, 1962, and May 7, 1975, may be eligible to receive Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) disability compensation for 14 medical conditions associated with presumptive exposure to Agent Orange.
Leave a comment
- Upcoming ActivitiesVFW Post 10630 & Ladies Auxiliary Hope Mills, N. C. Upcoming Activities 24 April 2013 6:00 PM Ft. Bragg Officer’s Club, Jack Britt Jrotc Ball, Post Sr – Vice Commander / 8th District... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]] […]
- Dept Surgeon Cowan TravelsDepartment of Mo Surgeon Nancy Cowan recently traveled to Camdenton, Mo and participated in the Dogwood Festival there by riding on the Post 5923 float in the parade and then assisting with the booth at the Service Officer Event during the festival.The photos below were taken during the event. […]
- VFW Post 4680 Honors the FallenVFW Post 4680 has placed approximately 1,500 flags on the graves of our fellow comrades who have passed. The post placed these with two days of intense activity…shown at the end of a long day of flag placement is Billy Becker, Post Commander, and Olin Parks, Post Quartermaster…..with the help of the local Boy […]
- Run For The Wall 2013 Day 8Greetings from Hurricane, WVlad that today is over. It was a great day, but on the other hand it the days seem to keep on getting harder. Today I rode in honor of David Robert Ray Construction Mechanic 3rd Class TEAM 1104, NMCB-11, MACV United States Navy 30 December 1939 – 10 June […]
- Wounded Warrior Fund Raiser May 28 Nashua High School NorthNashua High School North front lawn Tuesday May 28 9:30 am buy a flag $5 Flag Display and Memorial Ceremony National Honor Society Ms. Anton Antonk@Nashua.edu Ms. Brodeur Brodeure@nashua.edu _____________________________________________________________________________ also note: a great group of local singers for Patriotic songs: NH … Cont […]
- Dept of Mo General Orders – June 2013[…]
- Department of Nebraska State Convention 2013 information available – sign-up todayDate: June 6, 2013 to June 9, 2013 Place: Omaha Regency Marriott, 10220 Regency Cir, Omaha, NE 68114, (402) 399- 9000, $89.00 + Taxes (total of $107.16) per night (includes buffet breakfast for two) Click here for more information Click here for 2013 VFW NE state convention agenda NEW - Break-Out session Thursday Afternoon 6-6-13 1:00-1:30 PM VFW NE Paperle […]
- Stolen Valor Act Passes Congress!Stolen Valor Act Passes Congress! VFW-supported legislation now heads to president WASHINGTON (May 23, 2013) — The national commander of America’s largest and oldest major combat veterans organization is applauding Congress this week for passing the Stolen Valor Act of 2013, which now heads to the White House for the president’s signature. John E. … Cont […]
- Flag Retirement CeremonyOn April 20th members of Post 7032 and its’ Ladies Aux, with the help of the D.H.Conely High School Jr. ROTC students and local Boy and Girl Scout troops, held its semi-annual Flag Retirement... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]] […]
- Ladies Aux. Fourth Fryday Fish and Chicken Sandwiches[…]