Several headlines from the Department of Veterans Affairs in recent days. Click the links to read the full stories.
Statement from Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric K. Shinseki on the American Jobs Act – Shinseki comments on the proposed Act which includes support for veteran jobs.
VA Announces Expansion of Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record – The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced it will expand its pilot for the Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record (VLER), which enables sharing of Veterans’ health records.
VA Streamlines Online Applications for Health Benefits Renewal – Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has automated its online Health Benefits Renewal (10-10EZR) form as part of its ongoing effort to streamline access to benefits.
VA Posts Online List of Ships Associated with Presumptive Agent Orange Exposure – Veterans who served aboard U.S. Navy and Coast Guard ships operating on the waters of Vietnam between January 9, 1962, and May 7, 1975, may be eligible to receive Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) disability compensation for 14 medical conditions associated with presumptive exposure to Agent Orange.
Leave a comment
- September 2014 VFW Dept of Mo Council of Administration MeetingFind more photos like this on My VFW WebCOM Have fun reviewing the pictures….the Council put in some busy hours doing the VFW business…..Many chairman reports were given and with feeling!! (check the pics)…..We were honored to have the National Senior Vice Commander as our special guest who delivered a note worthy rendition of what […]
- YOUR VOICE NEEDS TO BE HEARD!
- Membership Percentage – Ranked by District – 9-30-2014District 5 – 86.12% District 18 – 85.37 District 6 – 83.31 District 2 – 82.66 District 3 – 82.06 District 17 – 81.91 District 14 – 81.26 District 7 – 81.11 District 15 – 80.14 District 8 – 80.11 District 9 – 76.76 District 12 – 71.52 District 1 – 70.80
- VFW NC News Release (NC Military Retirees Losing Tax Exemption)Elree Smith esmith@firstname.lastname@example.org Ernest E. Allis email@example.com VFW Webmail News Release For Immediate Release... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- The Deadline for VFW’s Youth Scholarship Competitions is Fast ApproachingThe Deadline for VFW’s Youth Scholarship Competitions is Fast Approaching Applications are due November 1 KANSAS CITY, Mo. - The VFW is still accepting entries for the 2014-2015 VFW Voice of Democracy and Patriot’s Pen scholarship competitions. The deadline for student entries in both contests is Nov. 1. The VFW’s scholarship competitions are dedicated to …
- VFW Celebrates 115 Years of ServiceVFW Celebrates 115 Years of Service From 1899-2014 No One Has Done Does More For Veterans On the evening of September 29, 1899, thirteen men — veterans who had fought on Cuba during the Spanish-American War — gathered at a tailor shop in Columbus, Ohio. They shared their accounts of what was then, the most … Continue reading »
- VFW in Action- Operation Changing LivesVFW Commander-in-Chief John Stroud and Ladies Auxiliary VFW National President Ann Panteleakos ask that you join them in supporting the VFW’s premier program: National Veterans Service (NVS) The goal? To raise $1 million for the program. “Operating Changing Lives” is … Continue reading →
- VFW Action Corps WeeklySeptember 26, 2014 In This Issue: 1. DOD Expands Military Financial Protections 2. Camp Lejeune Care Update 3. Campaign and Election Update 1. DOD Expands Military Financial Protections: The Department of Defense today announced a regulation proposal that will reduce … Continue reading →
- Campaign and Election UpdateWith federal midterm elections just weeks away, it is critical that VFW members and advocates get involved at every level. Now is the time to Host Town Hall and Candidate Forums, to conduct voter registration drives, and to begin organizing transportation assets to help veterans get to the polls. Below is some information to help you plan and educate others
- Camp Lejeune Care UpdateThe Department of Veterans Affairs released final regulations for the “Honoring America’s Veterans and Caring for Camp Lejeune Families Act.” The published regulations put in motion VA’s ability to provide hospital care and medical services for veterans, and to reimburse eligible Camp Lejeune family members for out-of-pocket health care costs related to any