Several headlines from the Department of Veterans Affairs in recent days. Click the links to read the full stories.
Statement from Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric K. Shinseki on the American Jobs Act – Shinseki comments on the proposed Act which includes support for veteran jobs.
VA Announces Expansion of Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record – The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced it will expand its pilot for the Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record (VLER), which enables sharing of Veterans’ health records.
VA Streamlines Online Applications for Health Benefits Renewal – Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has automated its online Health Benefits Renewal (10-10EZR) form as part of its ongoing effort to streamline access to benefits.
VA Posts Online List of Ships Associated with Presumptive Agent Orange Exposure – Veterans who served aboard U.S. Navy and Coast Guard ships operating on the waters of Vietnam between January 9, 1962, and May 7, 1975, may be eligible to receive Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) disability compensation for 14 medical conditions associated with presumptive exposure to Agent Orange.
Leave a comment
- What Does the VFW Do on Capitol Hill?The VFW advocates on behalf of veterans in Washington, D.C. Do you ever wonder what the VFW’s office on Capitol Hill does to help our veterans? In the last year alone, VFW’s advocacy efforts in Washington have improved consumer resources for college-bound veterans; preserved military quality-of-life programs like tuition assistance; repealed the back-door de […]
- Wisconsin Mobile Service Office Schedule – 2014
- VFW Action Corps Weekly, April 17, 2014In This Issue:1. VFW Counters ‘Crazy Vet’ Editorial2. VFW Discusses Issues with Recovering Warrior Task Force3. Medal of Honor to Go to OEF Soldier4. Tricare Prime Update5. Field Report: Alaska Discusses Veterans’ Issues with Senator Begich6. Veterans Legislation Needs Your Help7. Two WWII MIAs Recovered 1. VFW Counters ‘Crazy Vet’ Editorial: VFW National Co […]
- Chaplain Smith Funeral Services AnnouncedThe Department Quartermaster has announced the funeral details for North Carolina VFW State Chaplain Stephen Smith. [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]] […]
- Heartland Honor Flight DonationThe local Voiture 1015 of the 40 & 8 , along with the John E. Walls VFW 2534, have each contributed money to the Heartland Honor Flight organization to help offset the cost of flying the Nebraska City, NE World War II and Korean War Veterans to Washington DC. The last flight on March 25th […]
- Mo VFW Cootie Convention – April 2014Missouri Cooties and Auxiliary Sisters held 79th Grand Scratch and 53rd Grand Convention – April 11th – 13th, 2014 at the Truman Hotel and Convention Center, Jefferson City, MO. Guest attending were Missouri Department Sr Vice Commander Chris Bell, Supreme MOC Commander Mark Newman from Delaware, Supreme MOCA Conductress Penny Sue Cacoulidis from North Ca […]
- VFW Legislative Alert: Urge Senate to Pass S. 1982VFW Legislative Alert: Urge Senate to Pass S. 1982 – Comprehensive Veterans’ and Health Benefits Package Today! Background: S. 1982, the Comprehensive Veterans Health and Benefits and Military Retirement Pay Restoration Act of 2014 is the most comprehensive veterans’ legislation to be introduced in decades. It addresses many of the VFW’s legislative priorit […]
- Veterans Rally in Jefferson CityThe first thing I want to do is give a big “THANK YOU” to all who came to the Veterans Rally on 9 April. We had a very good turnout and I know most of them also called on their Senator and Representative before or after the Rally. There were several Bills and Resolutions approved […]
- NC VFW State Chaplain DiesIt is with great sadness that we inform all of you of Chaplain Smith's passing. He passed away this morning (Sunday) at 9:50 with the family at his side. Once arraignment are finalized they will be... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]] […]
- Mo VFW 2013-2014 Scout of the Year Scholarship Winner SelectedContact: David Cartner, National Scouting Team, Department of Missouri Phone: H: 573-765-4150 or C: 573-855-6276 The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post, Department of Missouri, is proud to announce the selection of Seth D. Baskett of Sturgeon, MO as the 2013-2014 Scout of the Year Scholarship winner. The Scout of the Year Scholarship Program is an […]