Several headlines from the Department of Veterans Affairs in recent days. Click the links to read the full stories.
Statement from Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric K. Shinseki on the American Jobs Act – Shinseki comments on the proposed Act which includes support for veteran jobs.
VA Announces Expansion of Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record – The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced it will expand its pilot for the Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record (VLER), which enables sharing of Veterans’ health records.
VA Streamlines Online Applications for Health Benefits Renewal – Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has automated its online Health Benefits Renewal (10-10EZR) form as part of its ongoing effort to streamline access to benefits.
VA Posts Online List of Ships Associated with Presumptive Agent Orange Exposure – Veterans who served aboard U.S. Navy and Coast Guard ships operating on the waters of Vietnam between January 9, 1962, and May 7, 1975, may be eligible to receive Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) disability compensation for 14 medical conditions associated with presumptive exposure to Agent Orange.
Leave a comment
- Intertribal PowWow23RD ANNUAL FORT OMAHA INTERTRIBAL POWWOW Saturday, Sept. 13, 2014 1-7:30 p.m. Metropolitan Community College Fort Omaha Campus 5300 N. 30th St. Omaha, NE 68111 10 a.m. to noon Gourd Dance All veterans welcome. Free and open to the public For Brochure CLICK HERE
- POW/MIA RECOGNITION DAY STATEMENTPOW/MIA RECOGNITION DAY STATEMENT REMEMBER AMERICA’S POWS, MIAS AND THEIR FAMILIES September 02, 2014 Sept. 19, POW/MIA Recognition Day, is a day to recognize the men and women who are currently listed as missing and unaccounted-for, and their families who continue to burn the candle of hope. The VFW is dedicated to obtaining the fullest … Continue reading »
- VFW DEMANDS SGT. TAHMOORESSI’S RELEASEVFW DEMANDS SGT. TAHMOORESSI’S RELEASE National commander calls on all American veterans to take action August 28, 2014 KANSAS CITY — The Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States is demanding the immediate release of U.S. Marine Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi, who has now suffered 150 days in a Mexican jail. VFW National Commander John … Continue reading »
- Council Of Administration Agenda – Sept 26 – 27, 2014
- VFW Post 2728 Mud Runs for soldiers with PTSDThe below video shows the mud runs that VFW Post 2728 conducted with veterans and friends to help raise awareness to PTSD. The Post is hosting a Zombie Mud run on September 13th, 2014 in Settle, Kentucky at 10:30am. Registration is through http://www.kyzombiemudrun.com/. NO ONE DOES MORE FOR VETERANS! PTSD mud runs with VFW Post […]
- Mtn Grove VFW Hamburgers & Homemade Ice CreamEach year the Mtn Grove VFW Family gathers for hamburgers and home made ice cream. This brief video captures some of the day.
- Danny Finney updateDanny Finney, the Post’s previous Senior Vice Commander, recently had a stroke. He’s had a number of surgeries and he’s doing much better, but he still has a long way to go. The Post performed a number of fund raisers to help Danny and his family to include a a breakfast fundraiser, cold water challenge, […]
- 2014 Pioneer FestivalThe VFW Post 2728 participated in Winchester’s Pioneer Festival in College Park. The Post was able to immediately recruit 2 new members with an additional 4 members pending eligibility verification.
- Sheriff Berl Purdue Law Enforcement AwardClark County Sheriff Berl Purdue Jr was awarded the prestigious “VFW National Law Enforcement Award” from the Veterans of Foreign Wars. The award was presented by Winchester’s VFW Post 2728 All-American Commander Mike Busby. The award is presented to only one law enforcement officer from the entire state each year in recognition for their dedication […]