Several headlines from the Department of Veterans Affairs in recent days. Click the links to read the full stories.
Statement from Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric K. Shinseki on the American Jobs Act – Shinseki comments on the proposed Act which includes support for veteran jobs.
VA Announces Expansion of Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record – The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced it will expand its pilot for the Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record (VLER), which enables sharing of Veterans’ health records.
VA Streamlines Online Applications for Health Benefits Renewal – Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has automated its online Health Benefits Renewal (10-10EZR) form as part of its ongoing effort to streamline access to benefits.
VA Posts Online List of Ships Associated with Presumptive Agent Orange Exposure – Veterans who served aboard U.S. Navy and Coast Guard ships operating on the waters of Vietnam between January 9, 1962, and May 7, 1975, may be eligible to receive Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) disability compensation for 14 medical conditions associated with presumptive exposure to Agent Orange.
Leave a comment
- Ladies Auxiliary NotesMembers of the Ladies Auxiliary prepared a lunch for approximately twenty people who were taking applications for Christmas Cheer. Gloria and Lee helped put together a spaghetti lunch with ... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- Mtn Grove VFW Ladies Auxiliary holds November meetingThe members of the Mtn Grove Ladies Auxiliary held their November meeting on Monday, November 17th at 10:00 a.m. at the post home beside the airport. It was a cold, cold day and attendance was light but much business was accomplished. Several items for discussion centered around various donations to be made and all […]
- Mtn Grove VFW Attends Mtn Grove Senior Center Veterans Appreciation DayFriday, November 14, 2014 was the date that the Mountain Grove Senior Center chose to honor veterans with a free meal for all veterans. The Mtn Grove VFW was invited to present a brief program. The post had noticed that the Senior Center had an empty flagpole and the post had a flag that had […]
- Jam Session FunIf you missed it – my apologies. A lot of good fun, fine music, and camaraderie were the order of the evening. Thanks to all the musicians that came to play Also, a shout out to all those... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- Thanksgiving Day DinnerFree Thanksgiving Day Dinner for ALL Veterans and Family. Come Join us Thanksgiving afternoon at the Post 5206 Canteen. Dinner scheduled to begin at 2 pm. Come join us on this day; you are welcome... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- Mtn Grove VFW Attends Skyline School Veterans Day ActivitiesSix members of the Mtn Grove VFW Family headed south to Skyline School following the Veterans Day Program at Norwood Schools. Skyline School is a K thru 8th grade school located at the junction of Highway 76 and Highway C. The Skyline Program began with …………………. students leading the assembly in the Pledge of Allegiance […]
- Job Opportunity for Veterans – “Veterans to Technicians”I was sent this link to promote good jobs for veterans from past Dept CDR Bob Wonnell and Past District CDR Robert Harmon. I am not real comfortable about posting things like this but will give it one try – I would like readers cooperation. If you feel an opportunity for yourself in this and […]
- VFW Action Corps Weekly, November 21, 2014In This Issue: 1. Congress Approves New VFW Charter 2. Protect Our Service Members’ Pay and Benefits 3. VFW Testifies on GI Bill Approval Process 4. VFW Testifies on Health Care Legislation 5. Senate VA Committee Discusses Mental Health 6. House VA Committee Discusses VA’s IT Security Weaknesses 7. VA Begins Second Phase of Choice […]
- NH Veterans Home NewsletterClick Here to view the NH Vet Home Newsletter
- New VFW Charter Reflects Today’s MilitaryWASHINGTON (November 21, 2014) — The Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States is thanking the 113th Congress for their unanimous support this week to approve a change to the VFW’s congressional charter that was signed 78 … Continue reading →