Several headlines from the Department of Veterans Affairs in recent days. Click the links to read the full stories.
Statement from Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric K. Shinseki on the American Jobs Act – Shinseki comments on the proposed Act which includes support for veteran jobs.
VA Announces Expansion of Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record – The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced it will expand its pilot for the Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record (VLER), which enables sharing of Veterans’ health records.
VA Streamlines Online Applications for Health Benefits Renewal – Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has automated its online Health Benefits Renewal (10-10EZR) form as part of its ongoing effort to streamline access to benefits.
VA Posts Online List of Ships Associated with Presumptive Agent Orange Exposure – Veterans who served aboard U.S. Navy and Coast Guard ships operating on the waters of Vietnam between January 9, 1962, and May 7, 1975, may be eligible to receive Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) disability compensation for 14 medical conditions associated with presumptive exposure to Agent Orange.
Leave a comment
- District 6 25th Voice of Democracy Golf tournament…District 6 25th Voice of Democracy Golf tournament Info and forms CLICK HERE
- We Must Never Forget ThemEvery Day Should Be POW/MIA Recognition Day... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- Chaplain’s CornerDept of Mo Chaplain Deborah Halter has been working hard to establish a website for VFW Chaplains to visit for information, resources and prayers. It is now ready to be presented and accessed even though it will be in transition and growing in the future. Nothing sits still. Check out her hard work at […]
- POW/MIA Awareness Day in Mountain Grove, MoFollowing several days of rainy and foggy weather in the mornings the sun was shining brightly as Comrades, Sisters and local citizens gathered on the public square of Mountain Grove, Mo to hold a “Colors Ceremony” to observe POW/MIA Awareness Day. Past Post Commander Lyman “Pete” Proctor is at the ready to being […]
- Donation to “Miles for Meals”The Mountain Grove VFW and it’s Ladies Auxiliary gave separate donations to the Mtn Grove Senior Center’s annual “Miles for Meals” program. The “Miles for Meals” program provides hot meals for many of the area’s shut-ins 5 days a week and frozen meals for the weekend. The Mtn Grove VFW Family feel that this is […]
- VFW Action Corps Weekly, September 19, 2014In This Issue: 1. Fall Legislative Conference Update 2. Congress Passes CR, Then Heads Home 3. Speak Up for Veterans While Congress on Campaign Trail 4. COLA Headed to President 5. Critical Vet Programs Extended 6. House Holds Heated Discussion on VAOIG Report 7. New Survey Reflects 13 Years of War 1. Fall Legislative […]
- National POW*MIA Recognition Day September 19, 2014Members of District 15 attended a National POW*MIA Recognition Day ceremony held at the Missouri State Veterans Cemetery, Bloomfield, MO on September 19, 2014. It was hosted by John J. Pershing VA Medical Center, Poplar Bluff, MO . Guest were welcomed by Paul Schuerenberg, Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist, Invocation was given by Chaplain William Hat
- VFW Post 5627 Honor GuardThe Honor Guard of VFW Callaway Post 2657 located in Fulton, Mo.
- VFW 1115 Flea MarketsHere at VFW post 1115, we host two annual Flea Markets, one on Memorial Day weekend and one on Labor Day weekend, which generate income to assist us in our operations throughout the year. Without these activities we would be in the same category as most of the VFW Posts, in that we would have to be … Continue reading »
- Modern VFW postsThere are many things that the VFW organization could do to involve it’s members that would probably get the older members more involved and would encourage new members to become involved also. One of the most important, I think, is to have the older members present, at least for moral support and guidance, not bossing, … Continue reading »