Several headlines from the Department of Veterans Affairs in recent days. Click the links to read the full stories.
Statement from Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric K. Shinseki on the American Jobs Act – Shinseki comments on the proposed Act which includes support for veteran jobs.
VA Announces Expansion of Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record – The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced it will expand its pilot for the Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record (VLER), which enables sharing of Veterans’ health records.
VA Streamlines Online Applications for Health Benefits Renewal – Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has automated its online Health Benefits Renewal (10-10EZR) form as part of its ongoing effort to streamline access to benefits.
VA Posts Online List of Ships Associated with Presumptive Agent Orange Exposure – Veterans who served aboard U.S. Navy and Coast Guard ships operating on the waters of Vietnam between January 9, 1962, and May 7, 1975, may be eligible to receive Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) disability compensation for 14 medical conditions associated with presumptive exposure to Agent Orange.
Leave a comment
- The November NewsletterThe November Newsletter has been posted, please click on the Newsletter link in the upper menu to view and/or download it.
- Post 4411 Color GuardJust as an update, we now have a color guard which we have been discussing for a number of years. As of right now it consists of Bill Hunnicutt(Leader), Scott Seddon, Ed Matucci, and myself. It takes four people to do the color's properly, and so we are looking for at least a couple more … Continue reading »
- Skill Touch – Progressive Bonus feature called “Spin to Win”Skill Touch has a new progressive bonus feature called “Spin to Win” . The progressive bonus feature “Spin To Win” is in addition to bonus play and free games during game play. All game play adds to the progressive “Spin To Win” level of jackpots.
- Monthly Flag Ceremony set for November 3, 2014The public is invited to attend the 2nd Wake Forest Memorial Flag-Raising Ceremony on Monday, Nov. 3, at 11 am. The service will be held in Centennial Plaza, in front of the Wake Forest Town Hall,... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- PopCulture Created Soundtrack to Vietnam WarPerhaps in no other U.S. war has music so affected the generation sent to fight it, both on the battlefield and home front. See this article by Kelly Von Lunen from the VFW... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- National Home Christmas Wish ListAs the Department of Missouri concluded its annual trek to the National Home, it is time to shift gears and consider their Christmas. This year, the national Home for children created a Wish List with Amazon. As this information is spread throughout the VFW, as you look at the list, you will realize that there […]
- Veterans DayThe Canteen will open early on Nov. 8th following the Parade. We will open at noon and remain open until at least 8 PM. Meal will be furnished free.
- Christmas PartyPost 1264 Christmas Party will be on December 13th starting about 5 PM. Come on out and enjoy yourselves. Please bring finger food.
- V.F.W. Post 5923 breaking ground on new bar and grill with community roomJoin veterans and community members at the ground breaking ceremony of the new VFW POST 5923 Bunker Bar/Grill & Community Room, located at the Post at 65 V.F.W. Rd. Camdenton, Mo The ceremony will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 29.The family-friendly military themed restaurant will be open to the public. The VFW […]
- Veteran Owned Junk Removal Franchise Thanks Military Comrades with Free ServiceBERWYN, Pa.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–JDog Junk Removal & Hauling, a full-service junk removal and hauling franchise, plans to honor local service members this Veteran’s Day. The veteran owned and operated company is offering one free quarter-trailer pick up to disabled military veterans who book on Veteran’s Day, November 11. With locations in Pennsylvania, Flori
- Network Admin on Air Force Veteran Elected to Lead Veterans of Foreign Wars