Several headlines from the Department of Veterans Affairs in recent days. Click the links to read the full stories.
Statement from Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric K. Shinseki on the American Jobs Act – Shinseki comments on the proposed Act which includes support for veteran jobs.
VA Announces Expansion of Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record – The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced it will expand its pilot for the Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record (VLER), which enables sharing of Veterans’ health records.
VA Streamlines Online Applications for Health Benefits Renewal – Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has automated its online Health Benefits Renewal (10-10EZR) form as part of its ongoing effort to streamline access to benefits.
VA Posts Online List of Ships Associated with Presumptive Agent Orange Exposure – Veterans who served aboard U.S. Navy and Coast Guard ships operating on the waters of Vietnam between January 9, 1962, and May 7, 1975, may be eligible to receive Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) disability compensation for 14 medical conditions associated with presumptive exposure to Agent Orange.
Leave a comment
- Kathy Lee Fund Raiser DinnerThere will be fund raiser dinner at the Lees Summit VFW Post on Saturday, August 9. Starting at 10:00 am. All monies raised go the the Kathy Lee Fund. I encourage ALL member and friends to attend this dinner, not only a good dinner but for a good cause and GREAT GAL.
- Mo Senators Attend National VFW ConventionMissouri VFW and Ladies Auxiliary members visiting with both Missouri US Senators prior to their speaking at the National Convention in St Louis. on Monday 21 July. Pictured left to right are are Dewey Riehn, Legislative Chairman, Missouri VFW, Senator Claire McCaskill, Virginia Riehn, Legislative Chair, Post 280 Ladies Auxiliary, Columbia, Mo, and Senator R
- Local VFW Member Elected to State ChaplainChaplain James Dyer of Wake Forest, NC was elected to the honored position of State Chaplain. The State Chaplain sits at the right hand of the commander during all meetings. He officially presides... [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- All-American Post Commanders Honored at National ConventionThe Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States announced that these four Wisconsin Post Commanders have achieved All American status as Post Commander.
- VFW NE WebMail ScamAttention all VFW WebMail Users, It has been brought to our attention that an email purporting to be from Zimbra (the company that makes this email software) has been turning up in our mailboxes over the past few days.The email states that Zimbra has upgraded their servers and you are required to update your credentials or […]
- Big Four At National VFW ConventionDept of Mo VFW Big Four – left to right – Surgeon Charles Jamis, Jr-Vice Commander Chris Johnston, Sr-Vice Commander Nancy Cowan and Dept of Mo Commander Chris Bell. Standing in front – Rayne Photo thoughtfully provided by Steven Jones.
- Post 3770 at National ConventionLadies Auxiliary Sister Chris Daily, Past Post Commander Archie Daily and Past Post Commander “Grumpy” Jim Smith are pictured. Past Ladies Auxiliary President Nancy Smith was also present but she took the photo. Chris and Nancy were volunteer workers at the Ladies Auxiliary Registration Booth. The Mtn Grove VFW extends it’s appreciation to these fine […]
- Post 4398 receives $500.00 from Rotary ClubOn the evening of Jul 21, 2014, Richmond VFW Commander Larry D. Brune attended a special meeting of the Richmond Rotary Club at Shirkey Golf Course. The Richmond Rotary Club hold an annual fundraiser called “The Reverse Raffle” in the later half of the month of February. They then distribute the funds thru an application […]
- November 2014 Calendar
- October 2014 Calendar