“VA State Patriotic “Veteran’s Thanksgiving Dinner, 2015” “District Patriot’s Pen Winner, 2015”
Art Contest Winner…
“Ceremonious First Toss. “Canteen Manager Hosts “Post Adjutant Pays Respect
1827 Pits Are Now Open!” Army Veteran Event.” To A past Post Member Vet.”
AS OF 1 FEBRUARY 2017, POST 1827 is a NON SMOKING FACILITY.
Welcome to the Virginia VFW Post 1827 homepage. Our Post is located at 1170 River Road, Charlottesville, VA. The Post was named in honor of John C. Culin, Virginia native and WW-I Army Soldier, who died in action on 17 October 1918. SGT Culin served honorably with the 29th Division, 116th Infantry Regiment. He was laid to rest in Romagne, France, in the Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery, Plot G, Row 15, Grave 31.
The Virginia Veterans of Foreign Wars has a rich tradition of serving veterans, military families and their local communities. We invite you to explore this website and our entire VFW Virginia network of sites to learn more about our organization.
- To foster camaraderie among United States Veterans of overseas conflicts.
- To serve our veterans, the military, and our communities.
- To advocate on behalf of all veterans.
- Always put he interests of our members first.
- Treat donors as partners in our cause.
- Promote patriotism.
- Honor military service.
- Ensure the care of veterans and their families.
- Serve our communities.
- Promote a positive image of the VFW.
- Respect the diversity of veteran opinions.
- Patriots Pen
- Voice of Democracy
- Auxiliary Patriot Art Contest
- Adopt a Unit
- Military Assistance Program
- Scout of the Year
- Teacher of the Year
OUR POST VISION/ACTIVITY
C’Ville’s VFW Post 1827 strives to improve the lives of the active, retired, or separated Military Veterans in our local area. Our VFW and Aux members have been very involved in the community, highlighted by the following recent events:
- HHC NGIC Army Unit, Charlottesville adoption.
- HHC Ice Breaker/Dinner (attended by 75+),
- Visited/honored 60+ at McGuire VA Hospital,
- Sent several care packages to Deployed Soldiers
- Presented wreath at Veteran’s Day Ceremony,
- Attended 15th-year 9/11 Remembrance Ceremony,
- Attended several Veteran funeral/celebrations of life
- Conducted VA Cemetery flag ceremonies,
- Hosted HHC NGIC’s Turkey Bowl Football Game,
- Aided WW-II Vet w/housing contract dispute,
- Cooked/delivered T-Day Dinners for local Veterans,
- Hosted Veteran Holiday Party with free food/spirits,
- Provided State-level support to Patriots Pen Program,
- Participated in many “get out the vote” activities, and
- Hosted Monthly Breakfast for C’Ville Rescue Squad.
If these types of activities appeal to you, and you are either a Veteran of a Foreign War or a relative of a Veteran of a Foreign War, please call the Post at 434-293-4847 and we will get the you the information and/or assistance that you need to become a member of the POST 1827 Family. We hope to hear from you soon…but most importantly…
Thank you for your service to this Great Nation!
Bob “Chief” Wyman, CMSgt, USAF Retired
Commander, VFW Post 1827
If you are a veteran and would like to join the VFW, we invite you to fill out our Join the VFW form.
If you are already a member of the VFW, use the links below to find what you need quickly:
Online Program Reporting