Greetings Brothers and Sisters of VFWA 10519,
As I reported last month, we had sponsored an entry in the Young American Creative Patriotic Art Contest. Kayla Juds, a Junior from New Berlin, entered an oil painting approximately 20″ X16″ entitled “Man’s Best Friend”. Quite a talented young lady. I also reported in my eyes we have a winner, and WE DID! Kayla won first place in Department of Wisconsin. She will be awarded $1,000 at department convention in June, held in Oshkosh. Her oil painting has now been sent to the National competition, where she has a chance to win the $10,000 scholarship. It is time for another first place! Continued Good Luck to Kayla!
April shower brings May flowers (soooooooo true) Not only May flowers but:
- Community Poppy Days May 12th and 13th. If you have not signed up, please consider giving a bit of your time either day, by calling Commander John Ustruck 414-327-2754. WE NEED YOUR HELP!
- Mother’s Day, May 14. Happy Mother’s Day to all the Mom’s. Hope you have a day filled with sunshine, love and laughter.
- VFW Post and Auxiliary installation, Monday, May, 22nd. Only $20 per person. Cocktails 5:30, dinner 6:30, installation to follow. This takes the place of our regular monthly meeting. Please join us, show support for your auxiliary officers. EVERY member is important. RSVP by Monday, May 15th, to John Ustruck (see info in this mailing)
- May 23rd brings us to Miller Park for Poppy Distribution. Meet at the post 4:30. We will leave as a group, return as a group, approximately 7:15. The more bodies the better coverage we have of the park for distribution. Poppy distribution is the only fund raiser for Post and Auxiliary.
- I almost forgot District Convention, Saturday, May 6th, 10:00 A.M. Brass Key Restaurant. 4952 W. Forest Home Ave. Plan on staying for lunch to show our appreciation for our meeting room.
F . A quick jump to June 14th -17th. Department Convention in Oshkosh at the Best Western Premier. Our new auxiliary year will begin immediately after convention. I hope to be returning with many awards due to all your participation.
Thanks to Deb Patterson for sewing an additional 13 wheel chair bags for our Veterans at Zablocki Medical Center.
Officers for the 2017-2018 auxiliary year are as follows. President: Nancy Ustruck, Sr. Vice: Amanda Patterson, Jr. Vice: Julie Wetzel, Treasurer: Julie Pipke, Chaplain: Marilyn Volland , Conductress: Karen Janezic, Guard: Shirley Meyer, 3 year trustee: Joan Winkleski, Secretary Kathi Schmeling. Thank you all for serving our Veterans and Their Families.
The following Diagram is the lineup of Officers for the Installation.
Front of Meeting Room
President’s Station ALTAR
Jr. Vice Sr. Vice
Guard 3 Yr. Trustee
Historian Pat. Instructor
2nd and 1st year trustees do not need to be installed, they were installed as 3 year trustees. Officers, please familiarize yourselves with the line up so installation will move along smoothly.
Ladies Auxiliary to Greendale
VFW Post #10519
Sign up for the Installation Ceremony and Dinner on May 22nd. $20.00 per person. 5:30 cocktails, 6:30 dinner with the ceremony to follow. Send form and a check by MAY 15th. No purchases at the door. Send to: John Ustruck 3812 S. 57th Street, Milwaukee, Wi 53220
Installation Dinner May 22nd
Number of people______________________________ Amount Enclosed___________